Subject and Object Pronouns Quiz | English Grammar and List of Examples
Good day! In this lesson, we will be discussing the list of “Subject and Object” Pronouns. This Subject and Object Pronouns explains the difference between the two and their examples and meaning. After the explanation, you will have the quiz to test your knowledge about the subject and Object Pronouns Quiz (quizzes) in English Grammar.
What is a Subject Pronoun?
Pronouns that perform the activity in a sentence are known as subject pronouns. A subject is any noun that performs the main action in the phrase, such as these pronouns, and is classified as subjective case.
A subject pronoun is a personal pronoun that is employed as the subject of a verb in linguistics. For languages with a nominative–accusative alignment pattern, subject pronouns are frequently in the nominative case.
What is a Object Pronoun?
An object pronoun is a personal pronoun that is often used as a grammatical object, such as the direct or indirect object of a verb or the object of a preposition. Object pronouns are the polar opposite of subject pronouns.
The pronouns that receive the action in a sentence are called object pronouns. Any noun in a sentence that receives an action, such as me, you, her and him pronouns, is an object and is classified as objective case.
Here are the list of examples of Subject and Object Pronoun:
- Subject Pronouns: I, you, she, he, it, we and they.
- Object Pronouns: me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them.
These quizzes were given to test students understanding about the use of subject and object pronouns.
Part A – Subject and Object Pronouns Quiz
Directions: complete each sentence with the correct subject pronoun. (10 points)
- _____ is a student. (a man)
- _____ are students. ( a boy and a girl)
- Is _____ a good truck? ( a thing)
- _____ are at home. (three people)
- _____ is from Indonesia. ( a woman)
- _____ are not very good computers. (a group)
- _____ am at work. (oneself)
- Is _____ cold today? (the weather)
- Are _____ members of the website? (people)
- _____ and I are in the same class. (a woman)
Part B – Subject and Object Pronouns Quiz
Direction: Complete each sentence with the correct object pronoun. (10 points)
- Dave teaches________ French every day. (you and I)
- There’s some mail for ________ in the mailbox. (I)
- She works with ________ at that company. (a man)
- I like ________ very much. (you singular or plural)
- He likes ________ very much (a woman)
- They like to eat ________ with cream cheese. (a thing)
- sue usually puts ________ in the refrigerator. (things)
- Please give it to ________ . (I)
- They want ________ to work this weekend.
- I want ________ to do something for me. (you)
Here’s the downloadable material of Tutorial on Subject and Object Pronouns Quiz | English Grammar here.
For more readings
- Adjectives in English Grammar – Position in a Sentence
- Reflexive Pronouns and Intensive Pronouns in English
- Adjectives Ending in ING and ED | Participle Adjectives
- ing Verbs English Lesson and Exercises – ing Forms, Spelling Rules and Grammar
- Quiet or quite / Confusing English words
- Expressing PREFERENCES: English Lesson
- Comparing Things with “AS” / English Grammar
- Comparative Adjectives – English Grammar Lesson
- How to agree and disagree in English using short answers
- The difference between “a little” and “little”
- The Difference between A FEW and FEW in English
- When to use “a little” and “a few”: English Grammar Rules
- Compound Words: English Vocabulary
- The difference between MUST and HAVE TO
If you have any questions or suggestions about Subject and Object Pronouns Quiz | English Grammar, please feel free to leave a comment below or send us a message using our contact page.