THE ONE-SIDED LOVE STORY OF PAN AND SYRINX – Let’s look through the one-sided love story of Pan and Syrinx with a moral lesson and summary to see that love is sometimes complicated.
Is it okay with you to cause doom to the one you love to keep her? Let’s read the whole story to understand better why the tale has one-sided love.
The One-sided Love Story of Pan and Syrinx
Story Analysis of the Love Story of Pan and Syrinx
As the story tells, the mischievous Pan eagerly chased the nymph, Syrinx. Because she hated Pan, Syrinx desperately ran from him into the river and asked her sister nymphs to help her.
He was disappointed when he realized that he was holding nothing but reeds. Pan just blew the reeds, causing them to sound enchanted, so he wrapped the pipes together and made music with them.
The One-sided Love Story of Pan and Syrinx Moral Lesson
- Love is not selfish; love is selfless.
- Pan was in love with Syrinx and wanted her at all costs. He didn’t think of what Syrinx would feel as he did so, and if she also loved him, all he ever thought of was himself.
The One-sided Love Story of Pan and Syrinx Summary
In the tale, Pan was part goat and part man, son of Hermes, and a wood nymph. He was the god of the forest and loved the nymph dearly, but others hated him.
Pan tried to impress a few of them but failed to get their hearts. Once, he saw the beautiful wood nymph, Syrinx, and followed her. Noticing Pan was chasing her, Syrinx ran as fast as she could until she reached the river.
She begged her friends like her to help her, and so she magically transformed into a reed. Pan ripped the reeds, looking for her, until he heard the sweet sound of the reeds.
He was enchanted with it, so he bound the reeds together and blew it, causing a beautiful sound. Then, he played the panpipes (taken from Pan’s name) to remember his love for Syrinx.
Click and read these articles to learn more
- The Love Story Of Eros And Psyche With Moral Lesson/Summary
- The Fateful Love Of Orpheus And Eurydice Story Moral/Summary
- The Tragic Hero Oedipus Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Twelve Labors of Hercules Story With Moral Lesson/Summary
- The Myth of Apollo And Daphne With Moral Lesson And Summary
Learn with englishtutorhub.com