The Hare And The Tortoise – This article will tell you the fable story of the Tortoise and the Hare with summary and moral lesson. How did the animals make use of their time? Also, what is the moral lesson of the story?
Table of contents
Who is Aesop?
Before exactly reading the story let us know a little about the author first.
Aesop is a Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with a number of fables now collectively known as Aesop’s Fables.
Now, enjoy reading Aesop’s fable story.
The Hare And The Tortoise
A Hare was making fun of the Tortoise one day for being so slow.
“Do you ever get anywhere?” he asked with a mocking laugh.
“Yes,” replied the Tortoise, “and I get there sooner than you think. I’ll run you a race and prove it.”
He was much amused at the idea of running a race with the Tortoise, but for the fun of the thing he agreed. So the Fox, who had consented to act as judge, marked the distance and started the runners off.
He was soon far out of sight, and to make the Tortoise feel very deeply how ridiculous it was for him to try a race with a Hare, he lay down beside the course to take a nap until the it should catch up.
The Tortoise meanwhile kept going slowly but steadily, and, after a time, passed the place where he was sleeping. But the Hare slept on very peacefully; and when at last he did wake up, the Tortoise was near the goal. The Hare now ran his swiftest, but he could not overtake the Tortoise in time.This fable is from read.gov.
Story Analysis of The Hare And The Tortoise
|Title||The Hare And The Tortoise|
|Character||The hare and tortoise|
|Theme||Persistence or Slow And Steady|
|Setting||One day in the forest.|
|Moral of the Story||You can be more successful by doing things slowly and steadily than by acting quickly and carelessly.|
The Hare And The Tortoise Moral Lesson
- The race is not always to the swift.
- You can be more successful by doing things slowly and steadily than by acting quickly and carelessly.
- Persist until you succeed.
- Know your strength, believe and do it.
- The loser now is later to win.
- If you are going to sleep before/during a race, remember to set the alarm clock.
The Tortoise And The Hare Summary
More Lessons for Children
Aside from Aesop’s fable story in English, here are more lessons for yourself and your children.
- Short i Sound Words As In Pig
- Reflexive Pronouns and Intensive Pronouns in English
- Present Perfect Tense Form | Part I
- Present Perfect Tense: Part 2 – Use and Meaning
- PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE MEANING | Grammar and Exercises
- Interrogative Determiners Examples: What, Which and Whose
- What is Indefinite Pronoun | Everything, Everywhere, Everyone, Everybody
- Adjective in English Grammar – Position in a Sentence
- What is Adverbs of Frequency | English Lesson
- Modal Verb Should – Form, Use and meaning in English
- The Lion And The Mouse
Please leave your comment(s) for this post, “The Hare And The Tortoise Fable Story With Moral Lesson And Summary 2022.” Let us know what you think about this post by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading. God bless