The Ants & the Grasshopper Story With Moral Lesson
The Ant and The Grasshopper– This article will tell you the story of the ant and the grasshopper. What are the grasshopper and the ant make use of their time? Also, what is the moral lesson of the story?
Who is Aesop?
Before exactly reading the story let us know a little about the author first.
Aesop is a Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with a number of fables now collectively known as Aesop’s Fables.
The Ants And the Grasshopper Story
Now, enjoy reading Aesop’s story.
The Ant And The Grasshopper
One bright day in late autumn a family of Ants was bustling about in the warm sunshine, drying out the grain they had stored up during the summer, when a starving Grasshopper, his fiddle under his arm, came up and humbly begged for a bite to eat.
“What!” cried the Ants in surprise, “haven’t you stored anything away for the winter? What in the world were you doing all last summer?”
“I didn’t have time to store up any food,” whined the Grasshopper; “I was so busy making music that before I knew it the summer was gone.”
The Ants shrugged their shoulders in disgust.
“Making music, were you?” they cried. “Very well; now dance!” And they turned their backs on the Grasshopper and went on with their work.
When the winter came the Grasshopper had no food and found itself dying of hunger – while it saw the ants distributing every day corn and grain from the stores they had collected in the summer. Then the Grasshopper knew: It is best to prepare for days of need.This fable is from read.gov
The Ant And The Grasshopper Moral Lesson
- There’s a time for work and a time for play.
- The virtues of hard work and planning for the future.
- Save something for bad days.
The Ant and the Grasshopper Summary
This fable is written by Aesop. The story tells about the grasshopper and the ant’s life during the summer. Also, what will happen to them when winter comes. We will be learning a lot of lessons and realizations from start until the end of the story.
More Lessons for Children
Here are more lessons for yourself and your children
- Short i Sound Words As In Pig
- Reflexive Pronouns and Intensive Pronouns in English
- Present Perfect Tense Form | Part I
- Present Perfect Tense: Part 2 – Use and Meaning
- PAST CONTINUOUS TENSE MEANING | Grammar and Exercises
- Interrogative Determiners Examples: What, Which and Whose
- What is Indefinite Pronoun | Everything, Everywhere, Everyone, Everybody
- Adjective in English Grammar – Position in a Sentence
- What is Adverbs of Frequency | English Lesson
- Modal Verb Should – Form, Use and meaning in English
- The Lion And The Mouse Story With Moral Lesson
Please leave your comment(s) for this post, “The Ant And The Grasshopper.” Let us know what you think about this post by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading. God bless