The Lion’s Share – This article will tell you the story of the Lion’s Share on Aesop’s fables summary and a moral lesson in English. What is the lion in the fable making use of their time? Also, what is the moral lesson of the story?
Who is Aesop?
Before exactly reading the story, let us know a little about the author first.
Aesop is a Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with several fables now collectively known as Aesop’s Fables.
Now, enjoy reading Aesop’s story with understanding and an open mind.
The Lion’s Share
A long time ago, the Lion, the Fox, the Jackal, and the Wolf agreed to go hunting together, sharing with each other whatever they found.
One day the Wolf ran down a Stag and immediately called his comrades to divide the spoil.
Without being asked, the Lion placed himself at the head of the feast to do the carving, and, with a great show of fairness, began to count the guests.
“One,” he said, counting on his claws, “that is myself the Lion. Two, that’s the Wolf, three, is the Jackal, and the Fox makes four.”
He then very carefully divided the Stag into four equal parts.
“I am King Lion,” he said, when he had finished, “so of course I get the first part. This next part falls to me because I am the strongest; and this is mine because I am the bravest.”
He now began to glare at the others very savagely. “If any of you have any claim to the part that is left,” he growled, stretching his claws menacingly, “now is the time to speak up.”The fable, “The Lion’s Share,” is from read.gov.
Story Analysis of The Lion’s Share
|Title||The Lion’s Share|
|Character||The lion, fox, jackal and wolf|
|Setting||One day in the forest.|
|Moral of the Story||Might makes right.|
The Lion’s Share Moral Lesson
- Sharing the great’s labors is permitted, but sharing the spoils is not.
- It’s important to keep good company.
- Don’t put your faith in alliances with powerful people.
- Might makes right.
The Lion’s Share Summary
More Lessons for Children
Aside from Aesop’s fable story in English, here are more lessons for yourself and your children.
- The Eagle And The Kite Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Stag, The Sheep, And The Wolf Story With Moral Lesson/Summary
- The Animals And The Plague Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Shepherd And The Lion Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Bees, The Wasps, And The Hornet Story With Moral Lesson/Summary
- The Lark And Her Young Ones Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Cat And The Old Rat Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Ass And His Shadow Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Miller, His Son, And The Ass Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Wolf, The Kid, And Goat Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Swallow And The Crow Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Lion, the Ass, & the Fox Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
Please leave your comment(s) for this post, “The Lion’s Share Story With Moral Lesson And Summary 2022.” Let us know what you think about this post by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading. God bless