The North Wind And The Sun – This article will tell you the story of the north wind and the sun on Aesop’s fables summary and a moral lesson in English. What is the sun in the fable making use of their time? Also, what is the moral lesson of the story?
Table of contents
Who is Aesop?
Before exactly reading the story, let us know a little about the author first.
Aesop is a Greek fabulist and storyteller credited with several fables now collectively known as Aesop’s Fables.
Now, enjoy reading Aesop’s story with understanding and an open mind.
The North Wind And The Sun
The North Wind and the Sun had a quarrel about which of them was the stronger. While they were disputing with much heat and bluster, a Traveler passed along the road wrapped in a cloak.
“Let us agree,” said the Sun, “that he is the stronger who can strip that Traveler of his cloak.”
“Very well,” growled the North Wind, and at once sent a cold, howling blast against the Traveler.
With the first gust of wind the ends of the cloak whipped about the Traveler’s body. But he immediately wrapped it closely around him, and the harder the Wind blew, the tighter he held it to him. The North Wind tore angrily at the cloak, but all his efforts were in vain.
Then the Sun began to shine. At first his beams were gentle, and in the pleasant warmth after the bitter cold of the North Wind, the Traveler unfastened his cloak and let it hang loosely from his shoulders. The Sun’s rays grew warmer and warmer.
The man took off his cap and mopped his brow. At last he became so heated that he pulled off his cloak, and, to escape the blazing sunshine, threw himself down in the welcome shade of a tree by the roadside.The fable, “The North Wind And The Sun,” is from read.gov.
Story Analysis of The North Wind And The Sun
|Title||The North Wind And The Sun|
|Character||The north wind and the sun|
|Theme||Persuasion and gentleness|
|Setting||One day in the road.|
|Moral of the Story||Gentleness and kind persuasion win where force and bluster fail.|
The North Wind And The Sun Moral Lesson
- Gentleness and kind persuasion win where force and bluster fail.
- Persuasion has the upper hand over pressure.
- Keeping things in perspective.
- Violence has its limits, but gentleness has none.
- They can’t win if they begin by making threats.
- Always treat others with compassion and warmth.
- Kindness effects more than severity.
- Bluster is not a sign of true power.
The North Wind And The Sun Summary
More Lessons for Children
Aside from Aesop’s fable story in English, here are more lessons for yourself and your children.
- The Animals And The Plague Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Shepherd And The Lion Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Bees, The Wasps, And The Hornet Story With Moral Lesson/Summary
- The Lark And Her Young Ones Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Cat And The Old Rat Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Ass And His Shadow Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Miller, His Son, And The Ass Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Wolf, The Kid, And Goat Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Swallow And The Crow Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Lion, the Ass, & the Fox Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Lion’s Share Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
- The Mole And His Mother Story With Moral Lesson And Summary
Please leave your comment(s) for this post, “The North Wind And The Sun Story With Moral Lesson And Summary 2022.” Let us know what you think about this post by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading. God bless