Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular Verbs Practice Exercise 1
In this beginner’s tutorial, learners will be knowledgeable in using “Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular verbs “. Why are Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular verbs are important to building Communication and How Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular verbs affects our daily lives.
Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular Verbs
A. Fill in each blank with the simple tense of the verbs in the brackets.
1. They ____________ in the river last evening. (swim)
2. Mr. Finch____________ his son for failing the test. (scold)
3. She ____________ the plants yesterday. (water)
4. The gardener ____________ a spade to did the soil. (use)
5. Mr. Lewis ____________ a week in Australia last month. (spend)
B. Choose the correct answer and write it on the space provided for.
6. The burglars ____________ the house through an open window last night.
a. enter b. enters c. entered
7. Monkeys ____________ to eat bananas.
a. love b. loves c. loved
8. They stray dog ____________ the stranger.
a. bite b. bites c. bited
9. Darren ____________ off the light and went to bed.
a. switch b. switches c. switched
10. We ____________ in a hotel when we were in Thailand.
a. stay b. stayed c. stays
11. Jill ____________ very well at the concert last week.
a. sing b. sings c. sang
12. My father ____________ in the park every evening.
a. jog b. jogs c. jogged
So, that’s the end of this quiz, tell me in the comments below how many correct answers did you get.
Don’t forget to subscribe, share, like and let me know your thoughts and questions. Love to hear from you.
Related Article you may like to Read
- When to use “Some” and “Any”- English Grammar Lesson
- English Tutorial For Beginners: Hobbies – Like/Hate/Love
- Modals – “Have to” – Talking Daily Activities
If you have any questions or suggestions about Simple Past Tense – Regular and Irregular Verbs Practice Exercise 1 please feel free to leave a comment below or send us a message using our contact page.